Practicing yoga has many benefits, ranging from physical benefits like weight loss and muscle conditioning, mental benefits like stress relief and better focus, as well as spiritual benefits like being able to find oneself better.
Here are some Yoga Health Benefits, just to name a few:
- Boosts energy and stamina and fitness.
- Improves flexibility and mobility.
- Improves immune system.
- Rejuvenates your mind and body, reduces stress and tension.
- Promotes weight loss and reduces excess fat.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Regulates metabolism.
- Aids good sleep.
However it is important to note that most of these benefits come with regular practice of yoga – one session will not do the trick, and neither will irregular and occasional sessions. It is therefore essential when you find a yoga class in Singapore, that you enrol in one that fits your schedule and convenience. You want to make this a habit, not something that you have to force yourself to do.
Suitable for Everyone
The great thing about yoga is that it can be performed at different levels, presenting a challenge to just about anyone at any fitness for flexibility level. So whether you are senior, overweight, pregnant, or would like to practice yoga with your entire family, including your 10 year old children.
Yoga Benefits for Healing and Therapy
There are also specific benefits for people who would like to use yoga as a method for healing and therapy. Yoga activates your inner healing system, which in turn assists in the restoration of your body’s normal functioning.
Here are some issues and disorders that yoga can help.
Note: Yoga should not be regarded as a total substitute for medical care. It is imperative that you see a qualified doctor for any serious medical conditions.
- Bone, muscle and joint problems – arthitis, anklylosing spondylitis
- Back aches and other back problems
- Repetitive strain injury
- Breathing problems – COPD, chronic bronchitis and hyperventilation
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Digestive issues – heartburn, indigestion, gas and constipation
- Urinary conditions – urinary frequency, dysuria, nocturia, and cystitis
- Anxiety, depression and stress
- Menstrual problems – amennorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea, irregular menstrual periods and premenstrual syndrome
- Fatigue and sleep problems
- Obesity and excess weight
- Drug and food allergies